Friday, July 11, 2014

Sabbotage





There I was working from home having a jolly time and I decided I would just 'pop' in to town to do an errand and buy some food.  I was almost ready, put the keys in the ignition and then noticed the ignition cable had been cut.  There it is to the left of the barrel at the almost bottom of the picture.
























I thought the bike had been sabotaged but on closer inspection it looks like it was a failed attempted theft.  It would be so easy to be negative but well, one must be positive:

1. I could have discovered my sabotaged motorcycle at a more inconvenient time - like when I had to get to work for a meeting.

2. The missing cable wasn't missing - it was tucked behind the tank

3. I might not have had the ability to do the wiring repair

4. The nice man in the bike shop might have not given me a top tip on the telephone

5. The passing chap may not have offered me a bag of electrical connectors (I was running low)

6. It could have ruined a good day - the day was already teetering on annoying

7. The irritating people at the insurance company (you have to report it even if not making a claim) had a nice accent

8. The police were rather nice even if not interested (I only spoke to them on the telephone)

9.  Boots was well looked after and was very generously walked in the evening

10. And the real gem was moral support turned up at just the right time.

11. Another bonus is that the barrel locks were undamaged.


A man in one of the houses very kindly said I could park my motorcycle in his driveway and today I will test my repair properly by driving it (if it is still in the driveway).  I need to set some time aside, when I get it, to check the repair will suffice as it was rather awkward getting the connectors in the gap!

I won't be sorry to leave this place -   I am exhausted.




4 Comments:

Anonymous Malcolm said...

Hi Bones
Oh dear! I'm impressed with your positivity (is that even a word?) I'd have been gnashing my teeth and muttering expletives.
I presume you're in some heaving metrolopis (sic) not back at crime free Thrupp.
Malcolm

10:23 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Is that the same crime free Thrupp where my motorcycle went up in a huge bonfire a couple of years ago?!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Malcolm said...

Ah yes.
That had slipped my mind, must be an age thing.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Gillygrove said...

Wow.....how can you be so positive!
Really impressed with you doing the repair.....

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home