Friday, December 13, 2013

Bulkhead

Get some wood from the skip and chop it into bits

IMAG0113

That thing on the front of my bench is a biscuit cutter – the clamp failed and the bit of wood shot across the front deck into my leg – it gave me quite a bruise!

Then lay it all out together

IMAG0115

Pop along to the inside workshop and glue it all together by torch light – then take a photo with the flash to see the whole thing together

IMAG0147

and wait.

This weekend I will trim off the bits that shouldn’t be there, sand it and then varnish it ready for fitting…..

4 Comments:

Anonymous Ann nb Oakfield said...

Well done, all your own work eh?
You must have a very good mentor I think!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very well done! is that for the kitchen/toilet door?

6:27 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Amazingly it actually is. I have had some good advice in it that is to be sure. This is my first venture out in to woodwork so I need lots of guidence. I have no aptitude for it!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Halfie said...

I have a biscuit cutter too. I usually refer to it as my teeth.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home