Friday, October 05, 2012

Repair

After the wretchedness of the summer collision that messed up more things than I care to mention the boat has been repaired.  The damage to the gas locker, bow, doors and internal wall are all fixed.

Here is the bow

Before:

dent

and after

IMAG0508

I am delighted.

The boat was waiting for my return last night and the first thing I did was play a tune on the piano. Oh how I have missed the piano!  Then, after moving a few bits around, I pootled off for a lovely evening with Herbie in the local pub.

What a fantastic day.

Now I have to put everything back and in the right place because everything is a complete and utter mess at the moment.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

I'm so pleased to see the repaired 'Bones'. It looks like a fantastic job. I hope life returns to normal very soon!

11:26 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Thanks Sue

11:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow that looks fab.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Keeping Up said...

It is just marvellous to see that the repairs have been completed properly. Rigadoons with piano accompaniment are now required.

7:38 PM  
Blogger WeepingCross said...

Looks better than it ever has done!

1:58 PM  
Blogger John Witts said...

Now THAT's what we 'ole Darset Ploughboys refer to as 'proper-job!'

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pleased to see your floating home is mended and looking in fine fettle. It must be a relief to have the final chapter of that saga finished.
Jaq
NB Valerie

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Malcolm said...

Hi Bones

Glad you're back on board, the repair looks great.

Regards

Malcolm (Now I can sign off with NB Meg!)

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home