Monday, June 04, 2012

Well. Here I am moored up on a new bit of river gazing at a web of mooring ropes and pins.
I spent a happy 90minutes chatting away on the boat as the stream got a little more frisky and decided, after another boat got in a pickle, to have a chat with the lockie. We are on yellow boards. Having watched a boat come adrift and decided to stay where I was we went on a walking tour of the sites.

On returning I found my neighbour wafting around on the bank.....turns out he was rudely awoken from his sleep to a load bang. Donning his dressing gown he stormed to the front deck to offer 'advice' to whoever it was only to discover the bank was missing. He had come adrift and I was following. Fortunately the obliging salters steamer helpfully helped and we returned just in time to wield a hammer, pins and more rope.

The river is proving to be quite an adventure....

2 Comments:

Blogger John Witts said...

And it's not even my birthday!

:-)

9:38 PM  
Blogger Pete Gray said...

Full of admiration

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home