Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Full Steam Ahead. FAIL

The Thames gets quite narrow in places and as I sat in the garden watching this boat I wondered whether it would get through the bridge.  This part of the world was on red boards so you can imagine what the stream was like.  They failed the first time so they drifted backwards and took a run up – full power and off them went. I wondered whether they were going to hit the bridge hole – but they didn’t.

IMAG2075

They kept on going

IMAG2076

And just when I thought they were going to make it, they cut the power and came back out.  I wonder whether they would have done if they kept going – but the boat before only just did and that probably had more power.

The following day when I came back to see whether they were still moored up waiting they were gone – but I don’t know which way they went – through the bridge or back down the river.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Hey, I know that bridge, you must have been past me!

It's been a real bugger to get through for the past 6 weeks. I only just made it without a scrape. Will be over tomorrow, do please drop by for tea and cakes if you're passing!

Boots is alway welcome :o)

Rachel

9:25 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Back down stream tomorrow,

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home