Sunday, May 13, 2012

Snippets

Newspapers are not often seen upon the good ship Bones but having stumbled upon on I decided I would give it a read.
We are told that beer drinkers are to expect 10p off a pint of beer following bumper barley crops... I just love the idea that the paper thinks this will be seen by the drinker and not the seller!
In other news there is a blood test being developed to 'predict' breast cancer. We are told 'the test could help Drs identify women at high risk, allowing then to take preventative need iciness and switch to healthier ways of living'. Er......hello! Do we REALLY need a blood test to tell us to switch to healthier lifestyles? Surely there is enough disease in our world to remind us to live measured healthier lifestyles?

In other news the water levels are decreasing and my head is getting less confused so I think the lasting effects of the concussion are on the decline. I am looking forward to being able to move but I am very grateful for being able to moor here in safety in the first place.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Wiggins said...

& to be brutally honest, a healthy life style doesn't always protect you from breast cancer anyway - it is rather upsetting that this is a popular media theme & can be used to blame a person with bc for not taking care of her health & therefore somehow deserving to be ill.

2:35 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Wiggins!!! where have you been! I missed you.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Wiggins said...

who me?

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home