Thursday, April 12, 2012

The piano and the baby

Baby, as it is known, has travelled far and wide with me, in miles as well as mind, and when I am settled Baby comes out; we are both home whether it be temporary or permanent (although all homes are temporary as the only real home is in the security of ones mind).

Baby had a home on the good ship Bones until things started to change and at that point the hammock that held Baby was slug high, hanging where I could see, but no-one would have known what was inside.

In full view - but unseen,

in public yet very private.

I have periodically wondered where Baby may rest and have toyed with shelf upon shelf, but it has never felt quite right.  It has been so long that I had forgotten what home looked like.

Now I have a piano and it took me a few days to realise that finally Lizard and Baby have a home again. 

Baby doesn’t particularly like being in full view (which is partly why there is a hammock involved), but now the hammock lies flat and the space behind the flap provides a new home.

Baby. Home. Good. (Lizard isn’t in this shot.)

piano

Photo thanks to Miss T.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home