Thursday, March 15, 2012

Graves, Flowers and Bones

When we buried Mum the plaque had her name spelt wrong, the age she was when she died wrong, but the date she died correct. Non of us cared and thus didn't say anything and issued a rye smile instead.

When I returned to the area and visited Mothers grave I noticed the plaque had been changed. I asked Dad about he - and he had no idea, so it wasn't him. The plaque is still wrong though. This time Mum's name is correct, her age is correct, but the date she died is incorrect.

I think Mum would have liked that.

My sister is rather keen on flowers and when my Mum's friend suggested some flowers my sister jumped at the chance. The soil is still sinking so there is no point putting any one yet, and so as to keep away from the mower they will go near the grave stone, but the sister thought it would be nice to have something...and as they won't get in the way of the mower she went armed with some flowers and set about digging them in. In doing so she unearthed a bone.
Here it all is:You can probably tell which bit I like.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

Is that a radius I see before me? :o)

12:52 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Is that a radius I see before me?

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home