Monday, March 05, 2012

Bitty things

Boots spent a lovely weekend being picturesque by the fire. He was quite worn out after his walk and some heavy duty gardening in the afternoon



We awoke at silly o'clock and headed home nice and early to enjoy a full day back at the ranch doing ranch things. The light was spectacular as the sun appeared as the snow and rain cleared

This morning I came across this poster. I found the bottom line most curious and I don't think I know what it means. It reads "British Waterways do no remove this Notice it is NOT on BW land). Does it mean that although BW put the poster up they admonish all responsibility for it thenceforth as it isn't on their land? . Is that right? If it is, does that mean that if I have some rubbish on my land and move it onto BW land I don't have to clear it up?


in other news I have been looking around my boat and decided it isn't nearly as bad as the house people and other people make out.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it means that BW did not put up the poster. Possibly made by someone who is trying to make a point about the quality of BW's tree management?

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Martin said...

If you assume 'not' was intended in place of 'no', then I think you will have the meaning of it.

1:54 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

I think having worked out that it isn't a BW poster it makes more sense! BW Can't win.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home