Monday, January 23, 2012

Waiting?

I thought I had possibly heard my mothers voice for the last time yesterday, but last night I had a message to call. On the off chance someone might be able to give us an update my sister had called the house. The nurse answered and she was able to exchange a few words with Mother. She sent a message to do the same, so I did. I was also able to exchange a few words with my mother. The voice I am so familiar with that is going to fall silent.
Mother deteriorated in the night and although she is comfortable she is fading. I am torn as to whether to go to her side, or not. As my friend says, there is no right answer and I am not very good with decisions that don't involve right answers.

Waiting
Unclear thought
Flashing memories
Childhood
Family moments
Flashing by
Silence
Quiet
Peace
Agony
Screaming
Change
All change
Peace.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Keeping Up said...

If there are no right answers, there are also no wrong answers.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Pip said...

So sorry to hear about your Mum, Bones. These sort of decisions are never easy and you have to decide what is right for you. Our thoughts are with you. xxx
Pip & Roger

2:51 PM  
Blogger KevinTOO said...

My thoughts are with you at this difficult & distressing time.

3:27 PM  
Blogger nb.bobcat said...

No right answer

Very difficult and not a choice I would like to have to make.

Thinking of you.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home