Thursday, May 26, 2011

Surrey and Wisley

On Tuesday I went to visit my lovely friends Caroline and John for supper. James, who doesn’t live far away, came too and we all had a lovely evening catching up and sharing the time together.  On Wednesday morning Caroline and I went for a walk around Wisley.  Some years ago, when I lived in Surrey, Caroline and John gave me a years membership to Wisley so I spent quite some time there throughout the year.

  However, over the years things have changed and I felt as though I was visiting this garden of splendour for the first time.  Not only has the outside changed a great deal, but there is a new ‘Eden’ like glasshouse. The pipe work was lovely:

IMAG1447

as were the flowers

IMAG1448

Outside the sun was spectacular and the colours of the plants stunning.

IMAG1450  IMAG1436 IMAG1431

I was really rather taken with the alpine plants and having given up on a roof garden on the boat I was almost tempted to have another go.


What a beautiful morning walk.  The restaurant had a nice range of lunches, but we settled for coffee and a bun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Halfie said...

Oh, WISLEY! I thought you'd been shooting. No, that's Bisley, isn't it?

8:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes you are right but I am sure there will be a few pigeons to pop at in the garden

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home