Friday, April 29, 2011

Buckby to Braunston

It took a while to get going this morning and Boots wasn’t too keen for a walk which was a relief. We pulled the pins at 10ish and went up the last lock and on to the tunnel. It was a beautiful cruise.  Just as we were in the tunnel proper Pete burst into song which made me chuckle. It took Boots by surprise and he stood up suddenly and stared at me until he recognised Pete’s voice.

Elizabeth and Pete sang a beautiful two part harmony again and then, at the end, Pete burst into the finest rendition of ‘one cornetto’ I have ever heard.

The tunnels have been great fun. I have gone from being rather nervous about them to enjoying themDSC09189

As we approached Braunston Locks I saw David hove  into view.  He very kindly helped us down the flight. As we moored up Chris went past with Scrumpy – twas good to see him again. DSC09191

After a trip to the pub, an afternoon snooze and the arrival of Dr Saffin the evening began. Kate and I went to Elizabeth and Pete’s for a delicious supper filled with much laughter and fun. Again.

Kate has come to help me with the rest of the journey southwards and I am looking forward to spending some time with her again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

I just love Bella's sign writing, it looks soo 3D as she comes towards you.
Brian

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home