Thursday, April 21, 2011

Banbury to Cropredy then Broadmoor

It is a long time since I boating with a group of friends, but on this trip there were 8 of us including my little cousin Will (I am very blessed with my cousins and the next generation of them is just as fun as the first!). 

Everyone was smiling, laughing, chatting and having a great time. I really enjoyed it.  I really enjoy the short trip from Banbury to Cropredy; the locks are a perfect distance apart and the cottage I nearly purchased is on route. I noticed this year that it has windows… but I forgot to take a photograph!

No sooner had we set off and Miles felt the need to do something with the roof – with a paint brush… I would have handed him a broom but he might have thrown it at me!

IMAG0958

Boots took to Tam really rather quickly and remained devoted for the whole day.DSC08857

He looked SO proud to be walking next to her when we all went to the pub for a drink afterwards.  He was looking at me as if to say ‘look, this is how it is done’ Very sweet indeed.

I did enjoy having crew – two smiling chums as you enter a lock is very heart warming. The others did sterling work providing tea, sandwiches and laughter. Periodically a hand and face would bob up from the front followed by a wave. Lovely.IMAG0962

Miss T rather liked this boast as we came into Cropredy – it did look handsome:

DSC08860 Above the lock in Cropredy is 24 hour mooring and as I want to be there for several days we ended up above Broadmoor lock. This is a beautiful mooring and the dog walker (Karen Kendell Pet Care Services) can pick Boots up during the day to relieve the boredom while I am out and about about earning a crust for his bones.  I must write about Dog Walking on this stretch because it really is outstandingly good, very flexible, very reasonable and Boots has an absolutely fantastic time.

Here is the view from above the lock – a lovely spot.

DSC08868

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

Please give my regards to Karen, I have nit seen her for about 6 months.
I have emailed her several times but I am wondering if she has changed her personal email address

9:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the mention Bones. I have really enjoyed walkng Boots and the other dogs over the fields in this fab weather.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home