Sunday, March 20, 2011

Weekend.

I haven’t felt great this weekend.  It is probably something to with me being me, but I think the added nature of family worries and my tooth infection (I am always hopeless on antibiotics) has taken its toll. 

It is times like this that I am reminded that, like our planet, humans are dynamic creatures capable of all the extremes of feeling. Sometimes things are so confusing that feelings are something I read about in a book on the shelf somewhere that I saw once at the back of a library sort of thing.

Sometimes I just want to shut off and hide.

Sometimes the world shuts me up and hides.

Either way weekends can be quite bleak without the structure of the working day. There are two sides to every coin and the other side is that weekends allow freedom and spontaneity.

I was sitting at the tea rooms when Kate bicycled up to see me.  That sight cheered me up instantly. We had a lovely cup of tea and natter and then I was whisked off to Northamptonshire to look at a boat and then see ‘The diary of a nobody” which was absolutely superb.

Today I made it into Oxford, heard a nice piece on the Organ and then took a bike ride out to Coombe Mill in Steam. I saw Mark Paris as I was setting off so he came along too on his Panther.  I was shattered by the afternoon and took to my dark corner under the bed to reflect and enjoy the silence when I had a phone call. I didn’t feel like speaking and by the time I had processed the call I had missed it. It is easy to miss calls but when threads of fun are thrown into the ether only a fool throws them away.  I was just contemplating calling back when the person called again.  I hadn’t expected the lovely Helen and Andy to be passing my door, but they were. They stopped, we had tea and it was lovely. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger belle said...

Indeed it was. Hurrah!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Andy Tidy said...

Its always a joy to spend time with you Bones.

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Caroline said...

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling too great, but glad some good friends came along to cheer you up. It's difficult with the sort of family stuff you've got going on. Do call if you ever want to. xx

6:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ahem and me!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home