Thursday, March 03, 2011

Refrigeration

Snow drops are in the churchyard, buds are on the trees daffodils are flowering and the days are getting lighter. This is all, I am sure, glorious, but my batteries are getting a bit full.

I don’t use my fridge in winter not just because there isn’t quite enough sunshine for the solar panels to run it, but because the world, in winter, is a fridge.

I put things to keep cool in my bilges or engine room, and I make more use of the fridges in shops. This works very well, and I would do it throughout summer if I didn’t mind no ice in my gin throughout 12 months of the year, but I do.

At the moment the world is still a fridge, but my batteries are getting a bit tetchy and feeling underused so if this goes on for much longer (and experience suggests it will) I will be switching my fridge back on. It just doesn’t seem right.

The good thing is the ice compartment will be back in service which means ice in the gin. AT LAST.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Wiggins said...

Gosh, one of those exotic foreign comments...
Mind you, when living in upstate NY we used the window sill as spill-over fridge during winter (& froze stuff), but for an Australian, it all seems a tad strange.

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

been following your blog for quite some time from here in the southeastern united states... i live on a lake and move about by kayak most days. your narrowboats have intrigued me..
i enjoy your walks and your talking dog also! keep writing!
cp

12:22 AM  
Blogger belle said...

Ice cubes in gin again? Hurrah!

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home