Friday, March 04, 2011

Dear Granny and Grandpa

In my time I have eaten:

*Shakespeare’s Sonnets

*Nerets Michelangelo

*A spot of Lempicka

*A magazine of Poetry

I have had a nibble of William Blake and a little chew on a bit of a magazine of “poetry and creative works at Oxford” (but I didn’t even nibble Mum’s poem).  From this fine selection I think we can safely determine that my interest is in the arts, yet Mum seems to think I am interested in Science. I even hid Kandinsky!

Granny and Grandpa.  I AM NOT A SCIENTIST. I didn’t even dribble on the guide to Astronomy, the book of anatomy remained untouched (I only glanced at the book of anatomy for the artist), I passed over the biology of insects, and as for the book on physics – oh Granny – they are of NO INTEREST AT ALL.

Just because mum is a Scientist it doesn’t mean I have to be one too does it??????!!!!!!!!????????  Even if I was it would be obvious, especially from my interest in Grandpa’s garden, that it could only be in Botany. Mum won’t accept Botany.

Oh Granny. Perhaps you could have a word?

Your despairing Grandson

Boots

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Sally, but my education is important isn't it. Mum muttered something about boarding school the other day - I am a bit worried.

I am not allowed off my lead at the moment. Mum says I have to be 'under control' until I learn not to play on the railway line.

She said she was going to put some chicken wire up or something. It is a strange thing to make wire out of isn't it.

sigh
Love,

Boots.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boots I think Mum is having a brain storm, she will get over it, and NO of course you don't have to be interesting science, Grandpa's compost heap is yours and you stick to Botany and let mum stick to her science, I am glad you enjoyed some of the eating! hope you didnt get indigestion!

4:02 PM  
Blogger belle said...

I just knew there was a reason I liked you more than the average dog! Boots, you are a dog of great taste and discernment :o)

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home