Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Nene - Wadenhoe

My friend not only recommended that I visit Fotheringhay but also Wadenhoe. so Boots and I took a stroll around the village. On the way we crossed the Nene, a backwater and a wooded area. It was stunningly beautiful

DSC08386DSC08385

In Wadenhoe the Nene stretched out ahead of me and disappeared into the distance. It was like an invitation to the unknown to follow into the mist. It was beautiful, calm and quiet. I sat for quite a while.

DSC08389

4 Comments:

Anonymous MoominPapa said...

That's Lilford lock. The mooring I was raving about is just downstream of the bridge you were standing on when you took the picture. It's a magical place.

9:14 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

I did wonder if it was. I stood there and thought 'this is amazing' and I wondered if it was the place you had mentioned. I couldn't quite get my bearings (no change there then!)so I am pleased you have confirmed it was near there.
I am really taken with the Nene.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Now you can see why we love to spend a lot of time on the Nene, your blog pictures of late make me want to get their quicker this year.. March 2011 here we come!

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great dog friendly pub with moorings in Wadenhoe!

Sue, nb Indigo Dream

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home