Monday, January 31, 2011

Sunday

Sunday was a mixed bag. I started out by cycling to http://www.saintcolumbas.org/ 

IMAG0089

This is the second time I have visited St Columba’s and I found it strange sitting in a room of strangers yet feeling strangely welcome.  It was all a bit too much so I followed my visit up with some comfort and took a gaze at the graveyard of St Mary Magdalen. It was looking particularly delicious in the mid day light

IMAG0090

and then I took Boots and Molly for  walk to find my friend Dr Saffin. We found her in Shuttleworth Lock

IMAG0092

so we turned around and walked home again lifting the lift bridges and doing the lock to make Kate’s journey easier.

I passed this window again, but no cat looking out of it this time:

 IMAG0093

and I hadn’t spotted this HUGE light on Hieronymus Peypes before.

IMAG0094

Hieronymus Peypes is for sale:

IMAG0097

After more than 2 hours on foot I returned home for a cup of tea and sat on the front deck in the afternoon winter light. Some canoeists came whistling past:

IMAG0098

Boots is being extraordinary at the moment. He seems to have found the increased number of Ducks, Swans and Cats too much and our walks often include sections of me holding his collar while he turns into killer demon canine.  I have had some extraordinary looks but I think I am secretly pleased that I may be getting a reputation for having a fierce, unyielding and unpleasant dog in my charge; particularly as he is really quite a placid dog.

8 Comments:

Blogger Halfie said...

Hydraulic kitchen windows, eh?

2:24 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

extraordinary isn't it!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

Looks a tad expensive for its age or is it the mooring that demands the price. Can you sell an Agenda 21 mooring with the boat?

2:41 PM  
Anonymous MoominPapa said...

It has a Lister FR engine! It must be worth every penny.

4:28 PM  
Blogger WeepingCross said...

At least £15,000 of that will be for the Pashley cycle.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Andy Tidy said...

Weeping Cross - What's a Pashley cycle?

7:08 PM  
Blogger MissT said...

St Columba’s is where Adrian goes...although I think he usually goes in the evening.

8:22 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Moomin - might you be slightly biased... ;-)

Captain - it is the cycle that goes with the boat.

Miss T - I saw him there both times, but I didn't stop.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home