Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Dusty Comes Through and the Sun

The ice on the canal is 3 inches thick where I am and there were many happy boaters yesterday when Dusty, the coal man, came through heading north to Lower Heyford.

I wasn’t there to witness the ice breaking but Fi has captured some of it in some stills and words on her blog.  The ice is now in bite size chunks and with the warmer weather we are all hoping it will thaw so we can move about again.

We really rely on the coal man in winter and when the ice is this thick we really notice his absence. That he has broken up the ice is a great blessing. I think he should get a medal. Not only does he deliver supplies even when we are out at work, break up the ice and campaign for better facilities but he brings news of the canal and a great deal of cheer to the people he meets along the way.

I pottered out to see the Solar Eclipse yesterday morning but I was a little bit early and I had to get to work. Even though there was a strip of clear cloud I don’t think it would have been terribly visible anyway.  It is a shame the eclipse wasn’t today as the sun was looking stunning as I walked over the fields this morning.  I saw some lovely pictures from the OTHER place here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home