Sunday, November 28, 2010

A long time

It has been a long long time but finally I am sitting here by the fire listening to the sweet silence of an early Sunday evening watching the thermometer gently rise from 10degrees to something far more sensible.  I am very grateful for the thermal socks my  dear Ma gave me a few years ago; Boots has been eyeing them up ever since the icicles started forming on the end of his nose.

So much has happened my feet have barely touched the floor. I have been working hard and playing harder. After a busy weekend celebrating various birthdays I returned home to an evening with a gaggle of bloggers, Wren’s Nest earlier in the evening and Epiphany, Hanser and then Maffi at the Highwayman folk session night.

This weekend I have just been up to Audlem to celebrate my friends 50th birthday.  I haven’t been there before, but I have been eyeing up the Shroppie for quite some time and thoroughly enjoyed my walk along it to Casper’s boat for a cup of tea with Boots.

Stupidly I didn’t take my camera!!!  I have managed to pinch this picture of Casper in the distance from the canal world forum (linky to Casper’s blog).  It is a handsome boat and the sound of the engine was beautiful as it puttered down the cut to greet me.

boat040-2

The ice at the edge was a good inch thick – heaven knows what it was in the middle.

The evening banter was delightful and I enjoyed catching up with friends old and new.

Today is my birthday too and I have had a lovely day and lots of cards and presents. Thank you everyone.

7 Comments:

Blogger Halfie said...

Happy Birthday, Bones. Keep warm!

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Jaqueline Almdale said...

Happy Birthday Bones. May this year be your best one yet. Stay warm and safe.
Jaqueline USA

8:20 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

glad you had a great birthday yesterday

1:14 PM  
Anonymous grey wolf said...

Happy Belated birthday wishes.

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Burra Sahib said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Bones.
Mine is due in a couple of weeks, but I wish I could swap my years for yours!
Stay warm
Philip

10:27 AM  
Blogger John Witts said...

Wishing you a Very Happy Birthday, Bones......

I trust some kind soul will say "here here".

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey.. Can you come back with a bigger axe, the ice is well over 2 inches thick now and i'm still stuck against that damn ledge.. Nice pic though...
It seems unfair that there's no ice to be seen in your pics of Cambridge...
Casper.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home