Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wonderful Day Banbury to Cropredy

The Addams family were meant to be arriving at 10am, but after a sat nav mishap they were a bit late, so I took the boat into Banbury to fill with water and visit Morrisons. 

On the lock in Banbury there was a new sign – the boat in front of me wouldn’t share the lock though:

11082010282

I saw Moore 2 Life briefly. I do enjoy seeing bloggers on the waterway.  Having turned around and picked up my friends we set off for fairer climates. J was fantastic on the tiller, and apart from one incident with the bushes did a fantastic job and even managed to negotiate the boats in Cropredy without too much trouble.

Here is Bourton Lock cottage, I always like to go through and I do wonder what is happening with it.

11082010283

Boots and I enjoyed having crew.

11082010284

Cropredy is filling up but there aren’t as many breasted up boats this time, but there is still time!

11082010286

Derwent 6 were just above the lock and I tooted the Klaxon as we passed but they weren’t in. I saw them on the tow path but I was too busy concentrating on J.  There will be plenty of time to catch up.

Cropredy is beginning to buzz with all the people. I am intrigued by Fish Therapy:

11082010289

2 Comments:

Anonymous Burra Sahib said...

Hi Bones
I think Fish Therapy may be that disgusting treatment where you put your feet in a bowl of water with fish in it, and they nibble your feet and exfoliate the dead skin--YUK!!
Hope to see you and Maffi mid September as we head up your way
Enjoy Cropredy
Philip

11:46 AM  
Blogger Keith Lodge said...

Hi Bones.
Say hello to Al and Del on Derwent6 for me.
Bourton Cottage seems to be progressing very slowly it looks from your photograph.
Hope the arm is ok?
Have a lovely weekend. Jo x

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home