Sunday, August 01, 2010

Saturday: Heyford to Aynho

It was tipping it down when I went for my walk with boots this morning so I donned my waterproofs and sloped up the path dragging the reluctant canine behind me. Eventually Boots decided that walking was possibly and OK thing and he joined in the merry stroll along the Heyford Countryside. By the time we were walking back and chatting to 8ch the sun had come out and I was boiling. Waterproofs were abandoned and I pulled the pins for Aynho. I didn’t empty my loo so I had to cross my legs all the way here (every time I thought about using the bushes there was a reason not to!)

This boat called Rosie looked lovely in the morning light as it languished below Allen’s Lock.

DSC06850DSC06849

The views across the fields were beautiful, even the moon stayed up:

DSC06854 

I never tire of this view

DSC06855

The wild flowers along the Oxford are looking splendid at the moment.

od2 og1

I came across Ultima and Thule at Somerton Deep Lock

somerton deep butty

And as I came into Somerton I spotted this – it is full of onions which makes it a rather splendid onion shed!

DSC06861

As we came into Aynho we received a tremendous welcome from the dogs of a house before this bridge31072010241

I don’t understand barking, but Boots thought that was a good thing as they were being a bit rude. He stood up and scowled at them until we were past and then went back to his usual position when not on the roof

.boots back door

I was feeling very dozy by the time I arrived in Aynho and was amazed to see Moore 2 Life stop off at the wharf for supplies! I didn’t get a photograph, but I did say hello! 

I am off to the Great Western Arms for supper tonight. I have heard great things about it, and having had Sunday lunch at Easter I thought it would be good to try a non Sunday meal.

1 Comments:

Blogger WeepingCross said...

The Turkish Tent gazebo looks exactly like the proper Turkish Tent at Painshill Park! I wonder where one can get them - cheaper than a sham castle.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home