Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A week already?!

A week has passed, and what a week! I have had a great time.  Pete and Elizabeth on Bella finally arrived in Thrupp and I took the opportunity to spend some time with them. I wasn’t too sure about them when I met them the first time, but I was in an interesting place, so it was probably me more than them.  They have been down a couple of times and I have watched from a distance. They are an intriguing couple, and I like them.  It isn’t the first time my first impressions have been formed on my hang ups rather than reality, thank goodness they don’t have grudges!  Kate and I were invited around for supper and we had the most wonderful evening chatting nattering and eating. Elizabeth is quite a whizz in the kitchen and was completely un phased by my allergies – I, on the other hand, was rather phased by the caviar and chocolate fondue.  They left to go north today.

I had a lovely visit to the ancestral seat on Saturday to empty the gash bucket cook lunch and supper for mum. Dad has done a wonderful job on the garden, it is just beautiful.

On Sunday I went to the boat show in Braunston. This has to be the best show ever. It is about people and boats, not selling boats, not commercial but pure fun. It was particularly good to see Sarah and Jim on their old working boat Chertsey.  I have a lot of time for them both and have shared some wonderful times with them; far too few!  I am looking forward to seeing Chertsey develop in their hands.27062010052 27062010050

27062010049 27062010043

27062010041_1

It was lovely catching up with so many people I haven’t seen for an age at Braunston. There were several people I thought I might see, but didn’t.

After Braunston I had a conference for two days, I have had little sleep, seen lots of people, had a great time and am suffering from brain fry! Good stuff.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The feeling is mutual, we shall try really hard to meet up for some scoff (sorry food) and beer. Shall we make it sausages :)

J

7:56 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

i look forward to it! Lets do it! bones

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home