Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tiller Pin

When I arrived at Braunston for the historic boat show the first people I bumped into were James and Amy from Luck Duck who said they had a present for me and it was on Chertsey, so off we went.  To say I was surprised would be an understatement. The present was from John and Jackie Pippin. Inside the puffy envelope was this:

27062010054 27062010053

A new tiller pin. They found a boot last in Emmaus and made it into a tiller pin. Boots & I are delighted. I used to have a dolphin tiller pin which I was never keen on and then lost, so I used a valve that I was given by a friend James on a boat called Wild Goose. It came from one of his vans when we were teenagers, but now I have a new, perfect tiller pin!

Thank you VERY much!  I am overwhelmed and delighted, it was such a lovely lovely thing to do to make it for me. Thank you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

At least you will be able touse a magnet if you drop it.

10:20 PM  
Blogger John Witts said...

So glad you like it!!

We felt your efforts in 'heeling Boots' should not go unrewarded!

Kind regards, (and probably more excruxiating puns to come),

John and Jackie

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home