Monday, June 14, 2010

Hospital

I cut my hand about 10days ago and it healed up nicely, but periodically it itched. It never lasted long so I didn’t think anything of it.  When I was out boating on Wednesday my hand got really itchy in the afternoon and a periodically itched in the evening. By Thursday morning my wrist was swollen,red and itchy.  Over the course of the day this spread all down my arm. I went to see the Dr who gave me antibiotics and drew a line around the red saying ‘if it gets worse give us a call’. It had crept out of the line before I had even left the surgery.  I called again when it had moved 3cms further up my arm and was told not to worry but if it got worse to call. I wasn’t sure what worse was.  Anyway, I decided to call them again as it wasn’t going away. I saw the duty Dr and by midnight I was in hospital on IV antibiotics.  Modern medicine is amazing. I was delivered home on Saturday afternoon and on Sunday I picked up my weeks supply of oral antibiotics and since then I have felt woozy dizzy and wobbly but I presume that is the antibiotics.  Today I am feeling better and tomorrow I expect to feel much better. 

It is good to be home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Glad you are on the mend! xxx

3:10 PM  
Blogger Jo Lodge said...

So pleased to hear you are on the mend now. Certain antibiotics can make you feel dizzy. Have lots of rest and let Maffi spoil you. x

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home