Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Peter and his barrow boat

I was just about to go out last night when I saw a lovely wooden boat coming down the cut, and as it was going to go past me I decided to sit and watch it.  As it happens, it wasn’t going past me, it was coming to visit me!  Peter reads my article in the magazine and knowing roughly where I moored he decided he would venture south, rather than north, and came across Ocelot, Maffi and I all who have had a mention.

Peter like many people who read my articles had some very kind words to say, but the bit that interested me, as always, was his story.  He used to have a narrow boat and travelled a substantial part of the waterways. When he sold his narrow boat he decided he wanted to keep boating so purchased this barrow boat at Beale Park, it fits in the boot of his car.  There is a wheel on the front of the boat and the oars slip through holes at the back and act as the wheel barrow arms.

180520101023

The barrow boat was built for the Norfolk broads and has a sailing board in the middle (although he now has an electric outboard motor). Which reminded me that I was going to fix a sail to my dinghy and see how fast it would go.

Anything is better than doing the lining on the boat!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

No no no this boat was the rowing version and so was built without the keel board.

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Katherine said...

Hi Peter
You have a very good boat.
Keep Enjoying

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home