Sunday, May 16, 2010

Perfect Sunday

Boots and Molly enjoyed their morning walk through the filed this morning, I particularly enjoyed it because the grass is at just the right length that as Molly runs through it she gets washed – the grass brushes her and the water washes her – it’s a car wash for canines. 16052010992

Following a lovely evening in the Jolly Boatman last night I went up to see Keeping Up (Allan and Debbie) and Rosemary (Janet and RJ) to wave RJ’s mum, Christine, off who had joined Rosemary for their trip up the tidal Thames and on to the Oxford.  Janet and RJ are continuing their epic tour and were heading onwards. I was honoured to be invited to join them for a bit of their cruise so I accompanied Janet and RJ up to Bakers Lock on their holiday boat Rosemary. It was so lovely being a hire boater sharing someone else’s holiday – it made me see my stomping ground in a totally different light. I was sorry to wave them off at Bakers as I find them very relaxing company. The walk back was delightful down the Cherwell and Canal to the tea rooms just in time for the rain to start.

 16052010998

Coming up to Bakers:

160520101000

Bakers Lock:

160520101002

Waving them off:

160520101003

On the way home:

 160520101004

Shipton Weir Lock160520101006

Thrupp in the rain160520101008

not bad for my little phone camera.

I arrived home, sat down and fell asleep, but the promise of Gin and Trifle (the new G&T) aboard Keeping Up at 3 acted as an alarm and I had a lovely time nattering and relaxing with them before returning home to my roast lamb… the smoke alarm hasn’t gone off yet either!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home