Thursday, May 20, 2010

camping & Sat Navs

Such is my aversion to doing any work on the boat whatsoever that I am finding I am re-discovering all sorts of things that I love doing despite swearing I would never do them again.  Cheshire Rose from the forum had a birthday party a few weekends ago, and I was honoured to be invited, so off I went.  I decided to camp.  I thought camping was a brilliant idea until the concept became a reality, however, once my tent was pitched (which I purchased on the way) I rather liked my hovel, over night was even warmer than I had expected it to be too which was an added bonus. An extra bonus would have been if I hadn’t pitched in such a way that I kept rolling out of bed. My tent was tiny compared to the tents of the hardened campers – the Moles (on the left) and Baldocks (on the right).   The Baldocks tent won the style prize hands down – it had an UPSTAIRS!  I looked in through the back doors and saw an aluminium ladder climbing heavenwards. Now, that’s what I call camping.

08052010920

On my way to Rose’s party I was driving up the motorway listening to an interview on the radio and I couldn’t quite work out what was going on, because every now and again there was a loud ‘mooing’ noise.  I wondered whether it was one of those games where every time you said ‘yes’ the cow mooed and you lost a point, but it didn’t quite seem to be.  The interview finished before I could work it out but the mooing continued periodically through the news bulletin. It was only then I remembered that my sat nav was set to moo whenever I went over a particular speed.

Had mother not given me a sat nav I would never have found the place of the party.  I love the sat nav, and it makes a journey into the middle of no-where infinitely more enjoyable, despite the mooing.  Last time I tried to navigate without one was to see Baldock and pick up a gear box. He gave me excellent instructions but still I managed to be at the wrong end of the lane. Clearly describing where I was meant to go was getting a bit complicated and he walked over to meet me and we drove to the correct place together. I love sat nav… can you tell?!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tents galore in the loft here, yours inculded, shal i get rid of them now?
glad the sat nav does the job, i find i dont know my left from right so end up anywhere, usually places without signs,
oh well
happy travelling

Free2live
ps like your pictures on the mobile, they are great!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Halfie said...

Your tent might be small, but I bet it was a lot quicker to put up (and strike) than those on either side!

11:19 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

the one on the left... yes, but the one on the right - no! It was very quick to put up apparently.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home