Monday, April 12, 2010

Somerton Stroll

The weather was gorgeous on Friday so Boots and I decided to go for a walk. We were going to take the train to King Sutton and re-trace our steps but decided to go for a drive in the motor car instead. We stopped at Somerton and walked around the meadow there. It was truly divine.

I loved the view over to Somerton church and the window in the hedge on the right hand side of this picture:

DSC06351

And this house with the Cherwell flowing past it:

DSC06347

Boots ran and ran and ran:

DSC06359

I loved this old tree:

DSC06366

We decided to stop off at Steeple Aston on the way home and I noticed some old cars so I parked up and peered through the bushes:

 DSC06369

Steeple Aston is a lovely village with a church clock:

DSC06372

and a beautiful tree in the churchyard:

 

DSC06375

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

Somerton is where I grew up. The house on the river was the North Aston Mill. The willow trees were pollarded the for medicinal ingredient for aspirin in the early 60s.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home