Sunday, March 28, 2010

Heyford to Aynho: Day 2

This mornings walk took us around Heyford. It is a beautiful village for a stroll.  Boots wasn’t so keen on the early morning start as the clocks went forward, but he did like these steps in the churchyard:

heyfordchurchsteps

Bones across the water:

 

acrosswater

And finally we set off – I liked these gauges on the roof of merlin:uages

and this old BW boat Caldy:

caldy  

8ch was already at the lift bridge so I sailed on through and he set off behind me. We failed to travel together yesterday, but today we made it all the way in convoy.

chmile

The two boats waiting at Allens Lock:

8chbones

I love the look of the walks from this bridge they always look so welcoming as I go under it maybe I will stop one day:

alkwaybridge

Lambs:

lambs

we stopped at Somerton on the meadow for a relax and play around with Boots.  Most of it has Arnco piling which is a huge improvement from a few years ago. Further on they have this which looks a bit dainty for a canal edge….:

somerton

Somerton Deep Lock is a sight I never grow tired of:

deep

but it was good to have someone do the lock for me as it really is very deep:

very

Aynho has a lift bridge which is very peaceful – I rather liked this tree:

treeliftbridg

Aynho was a welcoming sight:

aynho

Some people cover their chimneys with old cans… others with wellingtons:wellington

8ch’s milk made it all the way up without falling off:

8ch milk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home