Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Floors Walls and Crochet

I gather that spring is on its way, which means I need to really start to think seriously about the walls and floor of the good ship Bones.  I am still toying with the idea of a wooden floor, but the cost may be a limiting factor.  The walls, at least for today's decision, are going to be faced or painted ply.  The current walls are tongue and groove above the gunwale and on the roof, and then a hardboard (really!) mix below. The tongue and groove e is a bit hit and miss on one side, and the tongue and groove on the roof is held up by a pure defiance of gravity.

I have also taken up Crochet… I need a tea cosy you see.   At the beginning of the session I though I would need to sign up to pottery lessons to make an appropriately shaped tea pot to fit the new cosy, but actually – I am not doing too bad. Here is the practice rectangle…

02022010238

It has lovely straight edges… I fear I MAY have triumphed.  Sessions are every two weeks and my eyebrows have only just, over a week later, recovered from the extreme concentration of the last session!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh what an adventure.it could make an oscar, worth filming?

Fee2live

3:28 PM  
Blogger D Baynham said...

I am thinking nice crotched Dog Bed for Boots and of course some cushion covers for the newly decorated NB Bones

6:09 PM  
Blogger WeepingCross said...

You already have extensive crochet experience thanks to the expert training of Mrs Lappin, all of twenty minutes' worth I think.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Wozie said...

Crochet bedspreads are really nice and warm.
I made several when I was on night duty which kept my knees nice and cosy in the process!

9:30 AM  
Blogger nb.bobcat said...

I used to do a lot of crochet as a teenager and made myself a jumper. As I have a low boredom threshold I kept changing the colour of the wool. I also did it one row 3 tall and the next one 4 tall. I forget the terminology).

This had the effect of making it a bit like chainmail. I loved it and thought I was the bees knees. Perhaps I should relearn the skill and make another one! ?

For me it is not the eyebrows that suffer but my knuckles.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home