Friday, January 08, 2010

Skeleton in the car

Yesterday I was having a warm up in the BOAT INN in Thrupp and a chap came in seeking assistance as he had run out of petrol – at the lift bridge of all places – which he told us was a long story. I wasn’t sure what to make of him, but when a 6week wire haired dachshund (Dachs “badger” Hund “dog”) climbed out of his jacket I decided he was probably O.K.

The taxi firm wasn’t running cars last night so he really was stuck, but PJ raided his generator petrol stash and found a gallon.  The car still wouldn’t work so it wasn’t petrol after all.  The chap said he would call the RAC and then come into the pub to wait.  5 minutes later he turned up and the car was running (he turned the key another time and it roared into life).  I went out to have a look at his SMART car (I rather like them and coveted Maggie’s as soon as I saw hers) and he had a full size skeleton strapped into the passenger seat.

Some times life is better than a novel, you just can’t make it up!

4 Comments:

Blogger WhatKathyDid said...

Maybe a passenger who had been caught in a previous snow drift?

11:55 AM  
Blogger Halfie said...

Photo?

2:27 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

How fabulous!

4:07 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Halfie - I WISH I had my camera with me, and for once I didn't have any!

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home