Monday, January 25, 2010

Ride to Bloxham and Adderbury

Since getting my bike I have hardly ridden it.  I was going to ride last Sunday, but a friend fell off his bike on black ice (he limped into the tea rooms on Sunday morning), so I decided against it, and then I shut my finger in the back hatch which led to surgery and a glove-unfriendly-bandage.  I had the bandage re-done on Friday and the nurse, on request, kindly did a glove shaped one, so finally on Saturday I was able to climb into my leathers and set off on the Oxfordshire roads.

I decided to go to Bloxham as it was included in a tour guide. Mark came along on his Panther to set the pace.  I wasn’t too amazed by Bloxham,; perhaps because the internet pictures are so good but I thought the piano and Organ made a good sound; I am always delighted when the instruments aren’t locked up and are available for people to play (unlike St Helens… oh dear, am I STILL going on about St Helens!?).  Mark suggested we ride on to Adderbury to look at the church there. The exterior carvings are super.

DSC06041 DSC06042 DSC06043 DSC06036  DSC06037 DSC06038 DSC06039

This one is my favourite!DSC06034

2 Comments:

Blogger WeepingCross said...

Those are wonderfully vile! I think your favourite is playing an organistrum or something like that.

8:13 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

I thought it was one of these
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurdy_gurdy but I think you are right! Either way, I don't think I have seen an instrument played so enthusiastically before, and especially not in a carving!

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home