Sunday, January 17, 2010

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I opened my back hatch this morning onto my right hand index finger, it instantly went black and started to swell. After I had cleared out the bilges, had lunch, done the hoovering and generally mucked about it was beginning to get quite painful and Maffi decided that I really ought to get it checked out. I went to the hospital in order to see whether a Nurse would trephine the nail for me which would reduce the pain substantially.  Lots of people have told me they could have done it, but I learnt that it isn’t a good practice at home when I crushed my thumb in a similar way in 2006.  If there is a break or damage to the bone you need to take antibiotics after trephining.

I arrived at the hospital and had to have an x-ray which showed a fracture, and there seems to be a problem with the nail bed so I am off to hospital early tomorrow morning for an op.

Sigh

8 Comments:

Blogger Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

Makes a change for Maffi to take you to hospital

9:51 PM  
Blogger kittsy said...

hello its ralph has our old mate chris got that gear box to you yet and , your starter was vey dramatic in its own way any way happy new year all the best

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all ooooooooooooooch sympathies

Free2live

11:11 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Good bless.

11:28 PM  
Blogger WeepingCross said...

The rear hatch strikes again! Awful. You could cover the hatch in upholstery, or even better always get someone else to close it!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Les Biggs said...

Hope all goes well at the hospital.

6:58 PM  
Blogger life afloat on nb tickety boo said...

Good luck with your op!

Debbie.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a HUGE ouch!! get better soon?
SueL

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home