Saturday, December 19, 2009

Shopping

In supermarkets they have a chocolate stand next to the tills, or some offer that you can’t resist as you stand waiting in the queue to pay. Indeed, the whole shop is full of these tempting offers designed to  make you add more things you don’t need and never will need into your shopping basket.  I am usually quite immune to these sorts of stands, particularly in supermarkets, but not in some shops… or so I discovered.

On Thursday I popped into the motorbike shop on my way home to see whether they had some nice warm gloves as my hands freeze on the bike.  A friend recommended Frank Thomas gloves were and as he is a commuter who travels down the motorway on his bike and never suffers cold hands I thought I would give them a go.  This shop didn’t have any frank Thomas gloves so I went to leave… and spotted a rather delicious motorbike in my price range.  The following day I picked it up:bike

I traded the AJS in.. it looks rather lost!

18122009857

That is what happens when glove counters are surrounded by motorbikes….

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooooooooooooooooooooooo dear, but what fun,

10:34 AM  
Blogger Andy Tidy said...

I seem to remember popping iono a camping shop to buy a kettle and emerging on the other side with a huge geat tent!
Your temptatioon looks much more fun!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Iain said...

Looks good, Frog has a Hornet but has banned any more bike till i sell at least one of my four. I can recommend the Hein Gericke spock gloves ( only 3 digits), take a bit of getting used to but fingers no longer freeze.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Halfie said...

We went into an electrical shop to buy a light bulb ... and came out with a VHS machine (remember them?)

When it was really cold I'd wear a pair of silk gloves inside the gauntlets.

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Jan said...

I had a friend who went into a French hypermarket for a loaf of bread and came out with 2 mountain bikes!

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I went shopping for a loaf of bread milk eggs and cheese, low and behold thats excatly what i got lol

WILL POWER

Allan

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lead us not into temptations
Get thee behind me

or you could try wearing blinkers

Allan

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can resist everything apart from temptation.

whitewater

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home