Monday, December 21, 2009

River Wey

Yesterday morning I parked the car up at Farncombe boat house and took a stroll along the Wey.

Catteshall Lock:

DSC05857

The very first boat I lived on was an ex-hire boat from Farncombe boat house.

A forum boat I think:

DSC05863

And this is a common sight on the river:

DSC05865

I tried to ‘do' the Wey in 2006 but I broke and crushed my thumb just before coming on the navigation and I didn’t get very far at all.  James and I struggled with the lock paddles (I was one handed and it was really rather hard if not impossible) so we borrowed a friend Adam to help us for the day. We made it to Pyrford and decided that as we would have to come back on our own we ought to stop there – just has the Wey gets interesting!  Here is the good ship at Coxes Lock… it was in its old livery!Coxes%20Lock

This year I think I will ‘do’ the River Wey and take the boat all the way down to Farncombe but no further.

2 Comments:

Blogger WeepingCross said...

I think it was Thomas we borrowed!

7:31 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

it was indeed! I was even thinking Thomas when I wrote it - what on EARTH was I thinking!!!!

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home