Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Dear Granny and Grandpa

Birthdays are fascinating:

DSC05733

I did wake up eventually though! DSC05731

It was a rather fantastic pile of presents: 28112009722_1

Look there was even one from me! (aren’t I clever).

DSC05727

Mum had loads of  really lovely presents and heaps of cards, but I know she liked the present I got her best. It was what every mum needs. A lovely purple squeaky hedgehog. It took me ages to choose it, I am looking after it for her.

We have new front doors lined with wood. They are really lovely and mum put some varnish on them before she went to work the other day. She left the pot of varnish on the side of the kitchen so I decided to do a bit of varnishing myself in my basket.  I only spilt a few tiny drops on the floor  and there was plenty left by the time I got it to my basket workshop. I varnished my bone, and then the bottom of the basket and then I drank the rest. I did rather a good job (even if I say so myself). Even Mum was amazed that I didn’t spill more on the floor.

Mum was a bit poorly last week but is feeling a bit better today. She is very boring when she is poorly because we have to walk slowly up to the bridge and then have a rest while she huffs and puffs and leans against the nearest leaning against thing. Fortunately Uncle Maffi has been taking me out with Molly or I would have gone spare.

I am looking forward to seeing you soon. Mum says we are coming to do some digging. I am looking forward to sitting in the compost heap.

Lots of Love

Your devoted grandson.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

boots i think your mummmy needs to write a book called "letter to granny and grandpa" and get an illustrator to put a little drawing at the head of each letter.


Free2live

6:20 PM  
Blogger Halfie said...

Boots, I'm surprised YOU weren't the poorly one after drinking all that varnish!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home