Monday, October 19, 2009

Woo Hoo

I have no idea what went wrong with the engine, but I do know that people popping in with hole saws can prove to be very handy! PJ scratched his head, looked at the engine, decided the starter motor hadn't stuck on some teeth (as the flywheel rotated freely), and then decided we should short it after all. So he held the metal accross the starter and solenoid and I turned the key. PJ has always liked fireworks, and this evening was no exception - they weren't as good as the last time I did this several years ago - that time I managed to get a small fire. Then he stopped, I turned the key and the engine roared to life. It is still on. I have no idea whether it will start again, I will try that tomorrow! PJ thinks a bit of gunge might have got caught up. We celebrated by cutting a hole in the side of the boat for the new sink outlet... but the drill died just after we saw daylight, but not enough daylight! We will try again tomorrow when he brings a mean drill home from work.

Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home