Monday, August 24, 2009

Busy Busy

I had a good cruise up to Cropredy to the Fairport Convention, and a splendid cruise back, although I flaked out for 36hours after a late night during the weekend! On the way up, and back, I stopped in Heyford and met some great people. On one of the last nights a boat called Goshawk moored in front of me came to give me a bottle of wine and said he enjoyed my column which I thought was rather kind. I was going to open it and share it with them, but they decided I should save it (I have) and we should sample some of their other wine - this time Strawberry. The owners of Goshawk brew their own, and they really are rather good at it! We had a lovely evening sharing stories, and I particularly enjoyed hearing about their antics - they seem to have done rather a lot of cruising in their 6week break!
Here is the label on the bottle they gave me:



Another couple of boats were moored nearby Paneke and Guilt Free inheritance who sat outside fine dining for most of the time they were there. I walked past them several times when exercising the pooches and they always made me smile. I rather missed them when I had to move on.

Boots and Molly were so tired after messing about in the fields around the canal that they dragged their food bowls into their beds:



I am off on holiday soon, but I have only planned some of it...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

delightful!

Free2live

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home