Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Postal Telepathy and Banking

So, Miss T managed to send me a letter through the post with a 2p stamp. Well, I have one up - telepathy!

I was exercising my grump by writing a snotty letter to the bank concerning some 'communication issues'. I finished it telling then that if I didn't hear from them within 7 days I would close my account. I folded up the letter, put it in an envelope, put it on my desk to post and blow me down - the phone rang.

The bank!

TSK.

Funny how Victorian novels depict bankers as important respected people worthy of looking up to, yet today it is a term of abuse.

6 Comments:

Blogger MissT said...

That's because far fewer people had bank accounts (hardly any ladies for instance) and they used quills.

2:56 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

oh Miss T, those WERE the days weren't they. All our needs provided for, a rose garden tended for our walks and the only necessary calling upon our lives was to walk around with a parasol. Oh those WERE the days.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Andy Tidy said...

Did I ever mention my real weekday profession? Hmm Maybe now isnt the time to confess to being a XXXker!
During our initiation ceremony into the exclusive "Masters of the Universe" club we are supernaturally endowed with extrordianry powers of insight. For the extraordinarily blessed this allows us to know who is going to pay in tomorrow. Sadly, the current crop of bank leaders skipped the initiation ceremony and opted instead for the "profiteering for beginners" seminar - and just look where that has got us all.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Well, a parasol and a completely knackered old motorbike...

6:22 PM  
Blogger MissT said...

I do like the idea of Captain Ahab becoming a banker when the bottom fell out of the old whale business.

Starbuck has obviously opened a chain of of coffee shops, but what are Queequeg, Stubb & Tashtego up to?

6:28 PM  
Blogger Andy Tidy said...

Miss T
I fear I lost track of them but I believe that Father Mapperley is still in the God business!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home