Friday, April 03, 2009

Shameless plug - fundraising

The delightful Pip Saffin is working in Canada, and is currently training to run half a marathon (21.3km/13.1miles) in May and here is an email I received from her. I thought some of you might be interested in supporting her, so here is the email with all the info....

"I'm running with a team from The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada - a charity at the forefront of research and patient services. I'm sure you can see where this is going... that's right, I need your help to meet my fundraising goal! However, before I point you in the direction of my fundraising webpage let me (attempt to) explain some of my reasons behind this latest endeavour (articulation of such things is not my strong point so this may be a little jumbled).Having thought long and hard I've decided that the easiest way to explain it is that it comes down to choices. Choices are the single most important thing we have; the ability to choose and the range of choices available are what separates the rich from the poor and the healthy from the sick. Those facing a long, hard battle with blood cancer have many choices taken away from them including, in the worst cases, the choice to live. So I have chosen to run in the hope that in some small way my choice will open up choices to others who otherwise might have been denied them.'Why running?' I hear you cry, the answer here is a little simpler. Running is wonderfully humbling and very levelling. It comes down to putting one foot in front of the other for as long as you can while trying as hard as you can to find your own rhythm and enjoy it - in my eyes a perfect reflection of what we all do day in, day out. Here's the link to my page - http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=591961 As important as it is to me to reach my fundraising goal I am also working really hard to meet my running goals and will appreciate moral support as much as a financial commitment. I'll be sending out progress updates regularly, at the moment I'm at about the 14km mark - doing one long run each Sunday morning and 3 other training runs during the week. Thank you so much for taking the time to get through this rather long email and I really hope you'll be able to support me in this!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home