Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gas Struts - HELP!

I have lost the other gas strut for the bed, and despite hunting high and low I cannot find it ANYWHERE. Chances are it was left on the front deck and has landed in the cut. I have trawled the cut with a magnet, but to no avail.
Unfortunately it would seem the strut I do have is a 'rare breed' coming from a Nissan Vanette Mark II.

So... I was wondering whether all you kind people who have vehicles, whether you would hop outside and measure your gas struts! I am looking for one that is about 800mm in length (about 32 inches in real money) when extended (I.e. when your boot is open) and about 400mm (16inches ish) when closed. SO, the stroke (i.e. the silvery metal bit that goes into the black bit when it compresses) needs to be about 400mm (16 inches ish).

If you have something along those lines, just let me know what vehicle you have (and post anonymously in the comments section if you don't want the world to know!) I can do a search on ebay for one!

Cheers Folks!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dunnoif this is any good
http://www.strutsdirect.co.uk/components/component-gas-struts-sd01.php


Free2live

10:21 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

I have looked into that, but I want to be able to get second hand ones as they are considerably cheaper!

10:55 AM  
Blogger D Baynham said...

If you find the type you need a scrap yards are usually a good place's to call around. The bits are really cheap and 9 out of 10 in perfect working order

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nissan Serena 90450 9C102 Try Nippon Spares, London

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I have a pair of new struts that you can have for free should be the right length and will carry the load that you want.
Try them if they don't do what you want send them back contact me through the form on www.nbalacrity.co.uk


John

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home