Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The diet is serious

Before Christmas the cleaning cupboard at work was inundated with biscuits and chocolates, and I pretended not to notice. Since Christmas there has been a rather fine biscuit tin on the table and I have been curious as to whether it has biscuits in it, but I decided not to show an interest; I haven't even knocked it accidently to see!

Anyway, the cleaning ladies (not Nathan) are on a diet.

This, as you can imagine has made me rather more interested in the biscuits, because ladies on diets do NOT eat biscuits. The biscuits however, have remained on the desk in the cleaning cupboard and I have had no idea whether they are empty or not.

After some time, I decided there were some biscuits left. I was curious as to why the biscuit tin was still there and concluded that the ladies had not fully committed to their diet. The biscuits were obviously there for backup.

Well, I can proudly announce that today they gave me the biscuits! I didn't ask for them, or drool when they moved the tin. I did snatch them and leg it before they changed their minds (with enough decorum to show I had not been waiting for this moment), and I now have a tin of biscuits. Although I have been told in no uncertain terms that the tin is not part of the gift, and it has to be returned.

YUM.

3 Comments:

Blogger WeepingCross said...

Disgraceful.

9:44 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

which bit? The abandoned biscuits or the diet?

10:22 AM  
Blogger Halfie said...

Demanding the tin back?

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home