Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Side Hatches

As you know my bedroom revamp is well under way. The Mole has given me some advice on how to treat the rust, so I have ordered 2litres of Vactan to treat the ceiling and walls for rust, and LuckyDuck are going to send me photographs of their bed that rises up to reveal a wardrobe, chest of drawers and a desk. When the bed is 'up' it will cover the window which will also block the light coming into the room. As a result, I am going to fit a side hatch (or rather side doors) to the other side to add more light. I have been liaising with Martin the side door man, and on Saturday he is going to come up, and we will fit the new hatch. I am told it is a quick process with his pre-fabricated design, and should be easy to do in half a day. Martin is arriving at 9am. To say I am excited is an understatement - not least because I get to play with a new tool - a tiger saw I think.

It will be a fabulous day, not least because the end of it will be marked by a boaters banter. I love these occassions where we all meet up and natter.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A tiger saw it is.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Bottle said...

Just make sure you measure the hole at least twice and cut once.

Voice of experience ;)

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is only the voice of experience because he learnt from his mistake!
And the experience was gained when he was making a free-standing shelf unit to fit into an alcove in our cottage.
I had the audacity to say it looks a bit wide. Oh no it isn't he said, because I've measured it,a nd carried on assembling it.
When we tried to squeeze it into place it wouldn't fit! Why? He hadn't allowed for the thickness of wood at each side, had he!

7:51 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

for a moment there I thought you meant the side hatch man... but now I realise you mean bottle! =o)

10:33 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

for a moment there I thought you meant the side hatch man... but now I realise you mean bottle! =o)

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home