Wednesday, November 26, 2008

More on the piano

I pootled into Oxford today and was delighted to see this busker:



Nicholas Gill has modified his piano so he can lift it onto the piano wheels single handed. Not only that, but this particular piano is a lindeman, built in the 1960/70s and instead of being cast iron, it is made of tubular steel, making it particularly light weight. I now have my eyes open for a lindeman, should one turn up I will install it into the boat.

Nicholas Gill plays with CotswaldAcoustics

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool!
I wish he was there when I used to live in Oxford...
There is a guy who does the same in NYC - he wheels his piano into the subway.

All the best,

Saw Lady
www.SawLady.com/blog

3:51 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

more of this kind of thing!

PS - I know saw players too! ;-)

(also some pics here

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, Simon - I wish I could have heard this saw ensemble!

Saw Lady

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home