Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Batteries

Some time ago Saltysplash gave me a keyboard to use on the boat. Last week PJ from Ocelot gave me some batteries for it and a charger, and today the extra two batteries to run the keyboard arrived...



Music will be flowing from the towpath in no time at all! Having said that, I was hammering away in the engine room once to the background drone of the BMC1.5. It was fantastic - the music was stunning (even if I say so myself), then I switched off the engine and realised how bad it really was... then I realised everyone on the towpath could hear...ooops! Might be time to get some earphones!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bottle said...

Hi,

If the keyboard has an external supply socket. Why not get an adaptor (12v to 9v) from somewhere like Maplins and then you could play for hours and hours and hours.

Wait I see a flaw in that plan.;)

If you do this, check the keyboard label that the required external supply is 9v.

Happy tinkling.

12:52 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

I have an adapter, and the keyboard does indeed run on 9volts. I just didn't want to run cables all the way down from the engine room at the moment, but in time I will do.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Bottle said...

Run the cables when you do the bedroom, at least as far as the bulkhead between the bedroom and the next 'room' forward.

3:16 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

that is exactly what I am going to do. I also have some new lights to fit. I am starting with the bedroom and will gently move forwards... it is all frightfully exciting.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home