Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Weekends and Dads

I love spending time with my Pa, and this weekend I had the opportunity to do so again. We took the car out for a trip through the Oxfordshire countryside, and stopped off at one of his old colleges. As we tip toed through the corridors and halls, I turned back and saw this:



Which reminded me of this:



I wonder whether the former was an inspiration for the latter? The latter is from nb Leviathan

We also spent some time at Waterperry Gardens where they had an apple weekend. Dad managed to get three of his four mystery apple trees identified which was really good. The gardens were absolutely glorious, it was wonderful walking around looking at all the different plants.

After a drive around and a stroll we returned to the boat and I took dad out for a short trip in the dinghy before dinner.

It was fabulous, lovely food, lovely company, and he didn't go home until Sunday afternoon which was even better!

Thanks Dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

Thanks for the Leviathan link - I remember finding one picture of the inside (the one with the red stove) two years ago - I wonder if it's been for sale all this time?

I'd love to have more curves in the interior of Tortoise, and may be able to get in a few, but straight lines are so much more space efficient...

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home