Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The saga continues

I am still in the process of trying to sort out the damage done to my boat in August. After the last letter from the insurance company, I contacted two yards who came down to give me a quote for repairs.
Having received a quote from one company, I sent it off to my insurance company telling the other would follow. The quote says the boat needs to be taken out of the water and a survey needs to be carried out to investigate the damage.

The reply

"If you need to instruct your vessel to be lifted for your repairer to inspect damages and compile their estimate you must give your own instructions at this time. Please note, however, if the appointment of a surveyor is required we will arrange a survey once estimates are prepared and have been made available"

They dont make it easy do they!

4 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Wouldn't you have thought that the other boat (or its insurance company) should be paying for the damage to Bones to be investigated? Your insurers have grasped the fact that you weren't to blame, have they?

3:40 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Yes, They have indeed, but I just cant work out why I have to fork money out first! It is all very cross making, and I am a bear of little brain when it comes to these things.

Perhaps I shall phone them up and ask them that!

3:44 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

well, I have just called them, and they tell me it is unusual for a repairer to need a survey done in order to assess the damage...

3:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well someone needs to assess the damage out of the water or do they have divers?

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home