Monday, October 27, 2008

kerpang wiirrrrr ping splat ...

...went the engine yesterday as I slaved over a hot stove. I went to investigate only to find that the alternator had stopped whizzing, and that 'thing' on the end of the water pump was having a lie down in the bilges. Not only that but in its fit of whatever it had, it had pinged all the bolts holding it on across the engine room. I found two; one had its thread stripped, and the other one looked like it was going to a fancy dress party as a nail.

I didn't find this remotely amusing, indeed, I still don't. However, despite my levelled eye brows and oil on my cheek and slight growl as I explained the problem. A kind person left me four new bolts on my front deck last night.

This evening I returned from work, donned the rubber gloves and set to putting the 'thing' back in its place. Nothing is simple on my boat, the bolts fit two of the holes, but not the other two. So, still the problem exists, and still I have not fixed it. My eyebrows are very level indeed, so level my nose is feeling threatened by their proximity.


Who said boating was romantic? Pah.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe a windmill would eb less complicated?

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Free2live cant spell and it BE not EB

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, poor you - again?!?
Bet it was freezing as you tried to make that repair?
I've been dancing a fixitjig for you.

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take a large bucket of chilled white wine of your choice retire to a darkened room and drink. All will look better in the morning.

12:32 PM  
Blogger MissT said...

On the romance front..I guess it depends if you're turned on by the smell of diesel and the snap of rubber gloves...

3:10 PM  
Blogger Halfie said...

"I didn't find this remotely amusing..."

I confess I was laughing at this point - it's the way you tell 'em! Hope you soon get it fixed.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home