Friday, October 17, 2008

Dinghy

I am growing rather fond of my dinghy as it follows me around the cut sitting faithfully by the side of my boat. I think the leaves suit it.



I now have some plans for some oars, and as I have a new boat pole arriving today, I am planning to make some oars out of the old boat pole and some pieces of ply I have. Should be fun - and with any luck I might get them done in time for Weeping Cross' visit tomorrow evening, and take him for a short trip on Sunday (mainly around in cicles if my previous rowing experience is anything to go by - but in my defense that was in flood water).

5 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

don't forget to paint the oars yellow too! ;-)

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

am wondering if flood water is more likely to have one go in circles than ordinary water?
interesting
Free2live

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not paint the oars bright orange, then you will look look a duck paddling along!

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't you do that punt thing on the shallow, narrow canals? :-)

1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least they found a use for those plastic sledges from asda



mt

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home